• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Santa Claus

22 posts in this topic

Legal tender for where? The North Pole?

:roflmao:

Or Holiday World (Amusement Park)

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari are located at the junction of Highways 162 and 245 in Santa Claus, Indiana. Our street address is 452 E. Christmas Blvd., Santa Claus IN 47579.

Not a sticker. It's and offical legal tender.

The one I have is just a sticker over Washingtons head. Have you run your finger over it too see if you can feel the sticker? They do this every Christmas in different places and sell them for like $2-$3 each. They also have different sports figures, Elvis, ect.....on a lot of them. There is NO such thing as a note such as this printed at the BEP therefore it can't be legal tender unless its just a sticker over Washingtons head. Can you post a scan?

I think what they are trying to tell you is, that You may have indeed in your possession a legal tender U.S. dollar with a picture of Santa on it. However the picture of santa was added by a second party . Not the U.S. government. The likeness of santa is a sticker placed on a genuine note. Why don't you scan the note and show eveybody what you have,and that will answer the question.

wheat

Thats exactly what i'm saying. There was never a BEP printed $1 bill with Santa on it. If it were then it would not be legal tender, the bank would not accept it. At first glance mine looks to be original, if you look close you can tell that the Santa portrait is a bit darker than the rest because they don't use the same ink for the "sticker" that the BEP used to print the note.

Thats exactly what i'm saying. There was never a BEP printed $1 bill with Santa on it. If it were then it would not be legal tender, the bank would not accept it. At first glance mine looks to be original, if you look close you can tell that the Santa portrait is a bit darker than the rest because they don't use the same ink for the "sticker" that the BEP used to print the note.

We know that , but obviously he does not.

wheat

Not offended at all. I can see how people can think these are real if they don't know they aren't. I wouldn't have peeled the Santa off and spend it though. Maybe pass it on to some kid or something. Just because they don't have much value over face doesn't mean they aren't neat. Like I said before, they don't just do this with Santa, I have seen them with famous baseball players, Elvis, Tyson, ec......