• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMG plastic to turn the just the right shade of yellow-blue

9 posts in this topic

Can you state your source please? I have heard that some collectors believe that that the PMG holder appears yellowish as opposed to clear, but I have never heard anyone state that it changes colors, as you suggest. I would really like to see the exact statement because I do 'lurk' on the PCGS forum and the CoinTalk forums occasionally when I have time; and thus far I have never heard of anyone stating that a PMG holder changes color. That being said, I have heard other members say it appears yellowish. This does not indicate a change to the color yellow; please note this.

Number two, and if you don't mind me asking; why are you asking the general community and not PMG directly? PMG offers two great options to get your question answered by them and that would be to call them or to post this same question (nicely) in the 'ask PMG' forum...

You can even call PMG about questions about any note they grade. They have helped me out many times and truly enjoy working with the collecting community.

Hope that helps...and welcome to the boards...

'mint'

If you lurk on the PCGS forum, you will see it, plain as day, from an ex competitor as a mater of fact.

As to your second point, Having not posted here in some time I did not look for the PMG area to ask and I was looking for other collectors to comment on the thought. As you can see some have including you.

If you lurk on the PCGS forum, you will see it, plain as day, from an ex competitor as a mater of fact.

As to your second point, Having not posted here in some time I did not look for the PMG area to ask and I was looking for other collectors to comment on the thought. As you can see some have including you.

Then you should have no problem providing an exact quote, correct?

Are you sure they didn't say the holders appear yellowish-blue?

I always thought that mine looked to have a bit of a greenish tint to them. Any way you look at it they the holders have more of a tint to them over the other 2 major competitors

By the way mintcollector, from what I understand vcavo is no one new to the hobby and has probably forgotten more about collecting notes than you or I will ever know. Could be wrong but i'm sure he understands quite well how to contact anyone he "wants" to contact at any of the TPG's. Keep in mind that you don't have to have a high post count to be considered "somebody" in the currency collecting world.

I always thought that mine looked to have a bit of a greenish tint to them. Any way you look at it they the holders have more of a tint to them over the other 2 major competitors

By the way mintcollector, from what I understand vcavo is no one new to the hobby and has probably forgotten more about collecting notes than you or I will ever know. Could be wrong but i'm sure he understands quite well how to contact anyone he "wants" to contact at any of the TPG's. Keep in mind that you don't have to have a high post count to be considered "somebody" in the currency collecting world.

Zes, I am well aware a post count doesn't equal knowledge or lack of. The issue I have is the title if this thread! Never has it been mentioned; until this post, that PMG holders 'change' colors or shades of color. In fact, this statement is just plain wrong. This is why I wanted him to post the correct statement, which I notice he declined to do.

What has been said is that PMG holders appear yellowish or blue, depending on how one views them. The original poster made it seem like the holders themselves change colors over time. In my opinion it is very dangerous posting a false statement like this...