• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on FR# for 2004a 10.00 notes

4 posts in this topic

I've a question about the fr# for these.

Should these be 2039 (without star) and 2039* with a star?

The 2006 series would be listed as 2040 and 2040*?

See attached images (not my notes) where the fr# states 2040* instead of 2039* and the bills are clearly 2004a series.

I know I am a new collector, but I think something is miss-labeled?

112653.jpg.166575410e9a55827a719bb005d03b79.jpg

112654.jpg.754d30ed411f9bd25c2ac3b90ada631b.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has seen the number states 2039, the pop report, books and such.. I asked over at the other forum that grades and they either didn't reply or told me they didn't even care.. so if the number might not be correct, why should I trust the grade.

Would be nice to know what is up with the numbers... from someone that actually grades these....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has seen the number states 2039, the pop report, books and such.. I asked over at the other forum that grades and they either didn't reply or told me they didn't even care.. so if the number might not be correct, why should I trust the grade.

Would be nice to know what is up with the numbers... from someone that actually grades these....

Those notes look mighty familiar. I suppose not many people here care too much about the Fr. numbers all that much either considering the number of replies. I told you that I didn't care much about the Fr. number because it isn't what really matters to me for my collection. I didn't say that meaning to be rude. Did you ever contact one of the graders like I suggested? They will probably have a better answer than most considering they were the ones that labeled the notes. As for your trust in the grades on the notes......as you can see there are different numbers on both of the major grading services labels so i'm not sure that the grades of the actual notes will be affected in any way by the differences in the Fr. numbers on the holders. In either case its obvious the notes being graded that high from either service would suggest that the notes are immaculate!