• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Manager

16 posts in this topic

pmg,

hello, is pmg going to have the "Collection Manager" same as NGC.

at first i did not like the NGC Collection Manager, but now see the

advantage of tracking purchase/sale/vendors, etc. information.

if it will, when is it expected to be in place.

thanks

GW, I'm with you on Collection Manager; I just started using it for coins so I'm just learning how to use it. I can easily see its use for paper currency as you pointed out.

It's pretty close to the end of the year so perhaps PMG is planning on giving us a Xmas present. I'd like it.

The PMG collection Manager is really archaic compared to NGC.

At least with NGC you get to see the coin pics.

At NGC you can bulk load graded coins, individual but at PMG you must first create a set?

NGC collection Manager, once you have loaded all the coins just using the NGC grading number, when you wish to setup a coin collection, the program actual lets you know there are coins suitable for that year in the list.

I would suggest PMG adopt NGC collectors template for the paper money collection Manager. :)

I would support this...    It can't be that hard to upgrade it, especially when they already have the format in NGC...   One of the big reasons I use NGC is because of the registry and the ability to track and log in my coins...    Not because of their ugly holders...   I personally like PCGS holders better...    They in my opinion look cleaner and nicer...    I see NGC slacking off and not keeping up with what they said they would do with PMG or in graded stamps...     Just disappointing to me...

• Administrator
On 9/10/2018 at 1:03 AM, morganthebrave said:

I think all collectors are somewhat disappointed to the collection manger of PMG. It is absolutely very modest in application. At NGC I can bulk load all my graded coins...so easy to replicate that service with PMG...

Thank you for the feedback, morganthebrave.

We have forwarded your comments to the senior PMG team for their consideration. Yes, a collector needs to create a PMG Registry set first, as there is no Collection Manager for the PMG Registry. There is the capability now to add images for your notes. Please let us know if you need assistance uploading photos. You may reach us easily at registry@pmgnotes.com. Thank you.

Is PMG still working on updating the Collection Manager?  As a collector, I've been waiting for PMG to bring their Collection Manager closer in line to the NGC Collection Manager.  Is this a dead topic at PMG?   Your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

PMG guru's

Any deadline in sight for the upgrades of the Collection Manager? So much is missing from this system compared to NGC Collection Manager system. 

don't get me wrong - I am sure many PMG Collectors are keen to use the Collection Manager but the system is a tad archaic in nature! We all would very much appreciate a user-friendly app.

Morgan, 

I believe I spoke to Allison Emery a couple of months ago and there is no update in the works at this time (or the near future)...       My understanding is the platform that each online manager (PMG and NGC) sit on is completely different, despite the fact they look similar online to us...    For this reason they are not able to add the features of NGC to PMG as we would all like...    In addition PMG is not as popular as NGC so there is no rush to take the time and money it would require to make the platforms the same...

I agree it would really be nice to have the same platform in all of their products available to keep track of our collectibles but for now we just have to accept what we do have...      Maybe in a few years once collectible notes before more and more popular they may decide to revamp the collection manager...     I just with they realized that offering the features of NGC to PMG would make PMG more and more popular which would in turn boost the use of PMG and make it wildey more popular...

I do see some changes happening - more robust the collection manager becomes the more people tend to want to participate. The opposition PCGS are doing a sterling job on there collection manager and I think PMG should get ahead of them. IT website is pretty cheap these days and its really not that heavy on costs.