• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Excited To Be Able To Add More Currency posted by Bammer

3 posts in this topic

I've sold some of my coins to work on currency.

It's been almost a year (10 months I guess) since I've wrote a journal entry here. In that time, I've come to a big decision for me, I've decided to cut down on my coins so I can afford to purchase more notes and related items.

This is one of those decisions that can cut both ways. I love coins, have since I was a youngster. But I do appreciate a beautiful, well-printed piece of currency. I also was a small offset pressman for many years, and I think this furthered my love of currency.

I also like adjunct items (both coins and currency) and last week purchased 4 lots a Stack's auction. 3 of the lots are die proof vignettes used on various currency and financial documents, the other is a (quoting the Stack's description) "Archival Specimen" of a "Teller Order Certificate from The First National Bank of Deadwood". Based on the date, this would be Dakota Territory.

So, I hope this entry shows how exited I am to be able to afford more currency and related items. Another related item I really love are die plates of vignettes used on various types of financial documents. As an example, I'm attaching a scan of a print of one of my dies, this one is entitled "Lower Falls Of The Yellowstone". Hope you all enjoy it.

8321.jpg

See more journals by Bammer

Bruce,

That is an excellent question. I'm going to have to do some research to find out. Needless to say, these dies could have used on several things; stocks, bonds, obsolete notes, possibly other items also. I'll try to find out, you caught me on the one thing I haven't started to research yet.

Bammer