• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poll: what is the max $$ that you have paid for a note ?

what is the max $$ that you have paid for a note ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. what is the max $$ that you have paid for a note ?

10 posts in this topic

poll: what is the max $$ that you have paid for a note ?

i have now reached a point in my collection, that if i want to complete a set and/or upgrade a set, the notes exceed $1,000. i don't like high cost notes, simply because they get so expensive only a few can afford them. maybe if i see what other collectors will pay for a high value rare note, i might not feel guilty of spending more than $1,000. so tell me,

what is the max $$ that you have paid for a note ?

I have been getting into more expensive notes myself; as I see this being a long term investment for me; as well as an addicting and fun hobby. Sometimes I spend too much, but in the end I look at it this way; I hardly ever take a vacation or go anywhere and from what I see other people buying and spending money on; at the very least I can sell my 'notes' and get something in return...

This of course, is just my opinion...

thanks for taking the survey

as of today (07/27/2010),

out of the 20 collectors, 10 (50%) bought a note over $1,600

so now i won't feel so guilty if i spend more than $1,000.

thanks again.

My most expensive note was $500 for a 1917 - $1 FR.37a with reversed signatures, its a cool note but I dont really know what its value is in todays market. My favorite note is my battleship note, dont have the particuliars but I like that design the best.

My most expensive note was $500 for a 1917 - $1 FR.37a with reversed signatures, its a cool note but I dont really know what its value is in todays market. My favorite note is my battleship note, dont have the particuliars but I like that design the best.

One of my favorite designs as well.

I'd love to see a pic of the 37a with reversed sigs.