• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: PMG or PCGS

PMG or PCGS  

189 members have voted

1. 1. PMG or PCGS

23 posts in this topic

If you were buying a sight unseen note with the exact same grade at the exact same price, from which grading service would you purchase? Click the buttons and your picks will be tabulated and the results revealed.

I chose PMG just becuase I thought the notes migh be a bit cheaper when comparing to PCGS but the quality is still there......I don't know if that's the case with notes....I just know that the PCGS coins trade at higher prices regardless of whether the coin is better or not...too much koolaid lol

I agree with Boiler, the only notes I buy sight unseen come from the ATM...

Very clever!

I had a friend who years ago withdrew $100 in 20's from an ATM. All had completely blank reverses. Instead of calling me and saying "You'll never guess what I got!" he marched back into the bank and demanded "real money" which they gave him.

Back on topic. PMG.

Though I respect notes graded by CGA from the good old days. Their grades were very conservative but usually quite accurate.

What I know about the 2 grading services is that a some friends of mine were the VERY FIRST to get a note back from PMG graded 70EPQ, and PCGS has graded lots and lots of notes at 70PPQ. This tells me that maybe, just maybe, PMG is somewhat more exacting when examining notes.......so, if both notes are graded the same, and the price is the same, then it's a "no-brainer" to go with the grading company with the higher standards. Just my opinion.

Interesting website. Definitely food for thought.

Whoever runs the site should do away with that super annoying music though. Also, everytime you click on an item, it opens up a new page, and you have to back-click to get back to the original page. Pretty annoying.