• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Came across alot of paper money, need help getting an idea if any is valuable.

5 posts in this topic

While going through some old stuff I came across a envelope full of paper money. Some of it seems to worth more then face but not entirely sure. Here is a rundown of what was found and some pictures.. Any idea on the value of any of it would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what these are called but they are full stacks with the original binding with all sequential serials in non-circulated condition.

$5 1963

3x $2 1976

$1 1963B

dsc09458cn4.jpg

Here some random bills that appear to at least be a slight error.. but not sure if poor cutting really counts as an error... any insight would be appreciated.

dsc09460nm0.jpg

$20 1928 gold certificates

dsc09461yz2.jpg

$1 1928

dsc09459ze1.jpg

Also if anyone knows any other good paper money collecting sites i could post this on that would be great. I got a bunch of single stuff as well that I will list if activity is high enough.

The gold certs are worth a lot more than face, and the groups of unc notes are also worth more than face, especially the $5 legal tenders. The Barr notes and the 1976 $2 notes were saved heavily, so there would be a premium but not substantial in my opinion. The circulated notes would likely sell for a modest premium on ebay. Great finds on the unc notes though, those are not often seen!