• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS pop report. How does it compare to PMG?

7 posts in this topic

PCGS finally launched their population report. Has anyone seen it? They make you pay to view it, unlike PMG. I'm just wondering how they compare in large size notes. Fewer graded? More Gems as a % of total, about the same, or less?

Also, does anyone know how many 1896 $5 educationals they have graded, in all Friedberg numbers? How many in 66 or greater?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I paid the money to view PCGS's population report. I was too curious to see how they graded. Here's the result.

Using the 1896 $5 Fr. 268 as an example 1/18/08

PMG --- 148 graded, 25 in Gem or better = 16.9%

PCGS --- 85 graded, 18 in Gem or better = 21.1%

PMG --- 4 in 67 = 2.7%

PCGS --- 6 in 67 = 7%

Similar results across the board. So many 67s i was blinded

What I found so interesting was the number of notes that PMG has graded, over 25,000 large type. In comparison, PCGS has only graded over 15,000 and CGA, 23000. That is large type only. CGA;s POP was the most difficult to work with.

Vince

PCGS finally launched their population report. Has anyone seen it? They make you pay to view it, unlike PMG.

Wow. How much are they making you pay?? How are they making you pay it? Threatening your family? Saying they will publish photos of you walking out of the local massage parlor?????

We can be careful to avoid the same situations if you can warn us please.

:D